21 Day Challenge, Day 3: 20 min. walk. Not good; will do better tomorrow!
Some serious goodness happened in my kitchen the other night. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been getting a lot of inspiration from Pinterest lately (take it how you can get it, I guess). Everybody’s been pinning pics of what they stuffed into a muffin tin of wonton wrappers–hamburgers, breakfast foods, and tacos. Tacos, hmm? Well, I love Mexican food. It’s a very serious love that I take very seriously.
For the past few weeks, there’s been a box of Boca spicy black bean burgers just sitting in my freeze, begging me to do somethingwith them. Those little buddies didn’t even know what hit them, when I sauteed them up with some pinto beans, corn kernels, and 1/2 cup of my mom’s homemade salsa (I will eat no other. It’s that good.).
When they were cooked through, I crumbled the burgers in the corn and salsa mixture and spooned a bit into each muffin cup. Lookin’ good, boys!
Sprinkled on fat-free cheddar cheese and whipped up a little lime crema (aka plain greek yogurt, lime juice, and lime zest). After placing a dollop of the crema atop each little nugget, I finished with a fairy dusting of paprika and popped ’em into the oven at 375° for about 10 minutes.
24 wonton wrappers
For the filling:
2 Boca spicy black bean burgers (you could also use the meat/meat substitute of your choice and add seasoning)
1/2 C corn kernels, frozen
3/4-1 C salsa
juice of 1/2 lime
dash of paprika
- Spray each muffin cup with non-stick cooking spray, and place 2 wonton wrappers in each cup.
- Heat the first four ingredients for the filling in a pan over medium heat, crumbling the burger when cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the first three ingredients for the crema.
- Spoon a bit of the cooked filling into each cup and top with cheese.
- Place a dollop of the crema atop each muffin cup and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook in a 375° oven for 10 or until wonton wrappers are browned and filling is heated through.
Have you guys ever used wonton wrappers for something non-wontony? Tell me about i!